Monday, May 7, 2012

Mal & Chad: The Biggest, Bestest Time Ever!



Mal & Chad: The Biggest, Bestest Time Ever! (Mal & Chad #1)
Stephen McCranie
Philomel, 2011
$9.99, Paperback
978-0399252211
April 18th, 2012

Genre: Fantasy
Age: 8+
Description: Fourth grade genius Mal and his talking dog Chad shrink themselves to microscopic size and travel through time. However, dinosaurs seem like a piece of cake compared to cute girls and a school bully.
Opinion: I really didn’t plan on liking this as much as I did. Mal is a genius who turns an old elevator into a time machine. Chad is a talking dog who really likes human food because dog food is “yucky.” They have an endearing friendship which in their adventures and humor makes me want to call Mal and Chad this generation’s Calvin and Hobbes. Mal also reminds me of a younger Scott Pilgrim. He’s so nerdy he’s cute. I can’t wait to read more. This series will appeal to kids and teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment